BLOG

Incoherent ramblings, devlogs, edgy philosophy and other topics of interest



A friend of mine let me know that xenspace.net wasn't available through certain browsers (like Safari) that discard all "insecure" sites by default. Turns out I forgot to update the site's SSL certificate.
I requested a new one and in the process of verifying ownership of the site, I realized that pocket_php (the server's backend) didn't support access to folders that began with a ".". I updated the configuration.php file, adding two constants that represent the assigned strings, as well as new routing exceptions for the very specific URL the certificate authority uses to validate the site.

Note that this requires a simple server configuration update, see the provided "default" nginx configuration file.